Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Fire-King

Phew! I think I'm actually going to get my Vintage Thingies Thursday post up in time! Life has been so busy lately.

So here we have just a little 1.5 qt Peach Lustre Fireking round casserole dish. It's a really pretty peachy color with a nice sheen. And...the best part is that I picked it up at a local thrift store for only $1! You have to love a bargain. I do think it's missing its lid though.

And can anyone tell me why the Fire-King markings on the bottom are backwards? I've been wondering.

So it's not a real thrilling vintage thingie, but my collection is slowly growing. Also, as you see by my "under construction" post, life has been quite busy and I haven't had much time to go vintage hunting.

Hopefully I can return next week with a really amazing vintage thingie! One can dream, right? Head over to Confessions of an Apron Queen for more Vintage Thingie Thursday posts.

8 comments:

Geek+Nerd October 2, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

I love Fire King...and old Pyrex!

Jennifer October 3, 2008 at 2:14 AM  

I love collecting Fire King!

Unknown October 3, 2008 at 12:17 PM  

Don't know why the marking is backwards, but maybe it makes it more valuable.

Virginia October 3, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Wouldn't that be nice! Thanks for stopping by.

Grandma Faith October 3, 2008 at 6:08 PM  

Gotta love that fire king bakeware. Your zucchini bread looks delicious. Thanks for visiting my blog. Take care.

Jenny October 3, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

I love Fire-King...especially Jadite.

The Tiquehunters Wife October 3, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

Very nice piece!
This is what I know about Fire King markings-- Markings on the bottom with dashes, bumps, and numbers are mold marks and batch numbers. They neither add nor detract from the value.

Items marked Oven Glass are not rare. These are less common than Oven Ware but are still easy to find. I also know that the logos that are printed backwards are unusual but not rare. You’ll usually find these on pie plates. Interesting that yours is on a casserole dish!
Looks like you found a fantastic deal, but its a good thing to remember since you are a Fire King collector-- don't overspend if a seller tells you the logo is rare. Rare pieces have to do with the quantity made and the availability of the item.
I love Fire King too!
Hope this helps!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

Anonymous,  October 4, 2008 at 10:20 AM  

I love this stuff and it's so tough...don't make them like they used to that's for sure :)

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP