Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Robin Hood Flour Cookbook

Here we go again, another Vintage Thingies Thursday! I found this quaint little cookbook at a yard sale last week. The title is "Let's Bake: the Robin Hood 'No-Sift' Way" dating back to 1964. The graphics drew me in immediately, I just had to have it. (And at $.50, who could say no?) Aren't these images so sweet?

Cover
Inside cover
Pies and Pastries (how much cuter can we get?)
And last, but not least, Cream Puffs, my favorite image!
So which illustration do you like most? Be sure to head over to Confessions of an Apron Queen for more Vintage Thingies Thurday posts!

13 comments:

Unknown October 8, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

I love the illustrations, too! The cowboy is my favorite.

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

Great images for sure. Let's see in 1964 I was in Junior High. I guess I'm getting close to being antique but between you and me let's call me vintage :0)

Sarah October 8, 2008 at 11:45 PM  

The raining cookies. All of the illustrations are so cute!

JEWELGIRL October 9, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

The cutest drawings are in this cook
book, I enjoyed looking at every
one!

Carrie October 9, 2008 at 12:28 AM  

Those old cookbooks are so charming...I love the graphics!

Threeundertwo October 9, 2008 at 12:56 AM  

I love to embroider and these illustrations make my fingers itch! I would love to stitch them up. I especially love the dessert fairy! So sweet.

Amy October 9, 2008 at 1:22 AM  

I love it! Actually I can't choose any of them, I think they're all beautiful!

mub October 9, 2008 at 6:21 AM  

I think my favorite is the the wooden spoon in the apron with the egg beater! Have you tried any of the recipes yet?

Jamie @ Bungalow Bee October 9, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

Oh I love your cookbook! I love how they used to draw little kids shooting marbles. One eye closed and the tongue out in concentration. So sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Diane October 9, 2008 at 4:35 PM  

Great graphics. I'm partial to the kids playing marbles... you just don't see that anymore. Cute book.

Unknown October 9, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

Hey that cookbook is as old as I am! Neat! And besides being so charmingly illustrated and perfectly aged, the price was perfect!!

The Tiquehunters Wife October 10, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

All the illustrations are so cute! I think I like the cover the best--would of caught my eye for sure if I was on the hunt!
Enjoyed!
Blessings to you!
Claudia O.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP