Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Baby Listens

It's been awhile since I've participated in Vintage Thingies Thursday! I recently re-found (you know those boxes of clutter in your house?) this Baby's First Book by Golden books and I just had to share. I remember when hubby and I first saw saw this book and we remarked at how much the baby in the book resembled our daughter Lucy. It was uncanny! To the right is Lucy at 9 months old.

This book is so neat because it has wipeable pages that are drool and chew-proof. I wish they made more of these types of books nowadays. Also the sweet little details of the book make it so enjoyable to read and look at. The book is copyrighted 1960. Here are a few pages from the Golden book "Baby Listens" by Eloise Wilkin:

Look at all those sweet baby rolls and the little dolly!

The text and illustrations are darling.

Look at that mixer! Does anyone know what brand of mixer that might be? This is by far my favorite page in the book.

This is the last page of the book. Doesn't it resemble my little Lucy?

Thanks for visiting my blog and be sure to check out other Vintage Thingies Thursday at Coloradolady's blog.

8 comments:

Coloradolady May 7, 2009 at 10:38 PM  

What a sweet little book and baby!! Yes, I do see why you thought they looked similar. Very cute! Have a great VTT.

Amy May 7, 2009 at 11:38 PM  

I remember having books like that in the 70's when i was growing up. the mixer looks like a sunbeam? I have a booklet for one similar that I scanned a few weeks ago for VTT.

farmlady May 7, 2009 at 11:51 PM  

Yes it does look like your baby. Maybe you have some relatives you don't know about. It's a cute book.

Unknown May 8, 2009 at 1:30 AM  

So cute; I love these illustrations!

Keetha Broyles May 8, 2009 at 4:38 AM  

I remember those old washable vinyl books. Don't think I've ever seen that one before though. Yep - - - looks a lot like your little girl.

Marie Reed May 8, 2009 at 6:53 AM  

I'm just oohing and ahhhing over these bright and cheery illustrations! That is your Lucy alright! Amazing!

Donna May 10, 2009 at 9:31 AM  

wow what wonderful graphic's sweet book

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere May 10, 2009 at 7:26 PM  

Yes! The drawings do resemble Little Lucy! What fun! I love Eloise Wilkins!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP