Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: Vintage Yard Sale Hunting

This Vintage Thingies Thursday I'm showcasing some of the vintage pieces I've picked up at the yard sales I've visited in the past few weeks. I absolutely love browsing yard sales. My dad always said he wanted a bumper sticker that said "I Brake For Yard Sales" and I've totally followed in his footsteps! I see that neon colored yard sale sign and my car is whipping a u-turn in the blink of an eye. Anyone else a die-hard yard sale person? I know I'm not alone!

So here's what I've found in the past few weeks:

10¢ measuring vase. "Italy" written on the bottom, six sides for rice, sugar, flour, mL, fl. oz., and cups. Rice, sugar, and flour are all written in 3 languages. (Blue paper inside to try to show off the markings, didn't work well!) Picture doesn't do this piece justice...
Pyrex container. Air tight seal. $1
Gemco sugar and creamer set (50¢ total). Green votive for size comparison. I think I'll put maple syrup in the creamer.Anchor Hocking 3-piece Avocado Chip & Dip Set. Like new condition with original box. $3

Photobucket

Pristine Autumn Harvest 1.5 pint casserole dish. $2 (This is the third and last pattern I collect. The other two are Spring Blossom and Butterfly Gold).
Photobucket

Vintage avocado green Tupperware Pick-A-Deli, 25¢
Photobucket

I also snagged a large pot with a canning rack for $2 and 13 jelly jars with rings for $3. I can't wait to start canning!

For more Vintage Thingies Thursday posts, be sure to check out Coloradolady's blog.

29 comments:

Keetha Broyles June 10, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

I HAD a pick-a-deli BRAND NEW back in my newly wed days. Hmmmmmm wonder what in the WORLD ever became of that thing.

I actually really LIKED it, since we consume tons of dill pickle slices around here.

Sarah June 10, 2009 at 11:44 PM  

You sure found some treasures at unbelievable prices. Way to go!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith June 10, 2009 at 11:58 PM  

I am a junkaholic....yard sales, GW, TS you name it I love it.
Nice items you found there.

fitty's pinky rose cottage June 11, 2009 at 12:31 AM  

I am a yard sale girl too! hehehehe.. love the measuring vase.. and i can say that you got a really good find here! thanks for sharing & happy VTT

Amy June 11, 2009 at 1:13 AM  

After dinner at your place, I saw the big bowl from your chip/dip set all by itself, no dip bowl or holder, for $14.00 at Four Corners Antiques. I thought you'd get a kick out of the killer deal.

Unknown June 11, 2009 at 2:37 AM  

I'd put syrup in the creamer, too. It's the first thing I thought of.

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 4:35 AM  

wow what fabulous things..bring back lots of memories!!..i love that red pyrex casserole dish :)

Marie Reed June 11, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

Amazing that they still had the original boxes for the dip dishes! Guacamole here you come:) Happy VTT!

Vicky June 11, 2009 at 8:13 AM  

I like the 3pc avocado chip and dip set.

Jingle June 11, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

GREAT finds! I really love that casserole dish! That is just fantastic!

Donna June 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM  

great thing'ys great prices too!!

Bea June 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

I've never seen a measuring vase. Very cool. Love the Autumn Harvest bowl. Great finds.

Postcardy June 11, 2009 at 9:21 AM  

That measuring vase is very interesting.

I love Pyrex casseroles. I have a couple sets in different sizes and patterns that all nest together. They have flat covers that can be stacked up too.I bought them when they were new.

Linda's Blue Gate June 11, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

What great finds ..... love the tall measure thingie....
HUgs
Linda

LV June 11, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

I enjoyed your garage sale items very much. The measuring vase was my favorite and I do not recall ever seeing one like this.

Brenda Pruitt June 11, 2009 at 11:25 AM  

That first one is so unusual! What a great find. And I love the red bowl with the wheat. I'm a sucker for anything red. And green. Be it the environment or just my own personal garden.
Brenda

Coloradolady June 11, 2009 at 12:00 PM  

I love your measuring vase, I don't think I have ever seen one of these before. What great finds!!

Have a great VTT and a great weekend. Thanks for your post today, loved it.

Nice and Easy Antiques June 11, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

You scored!! Great collection. Green rocks!!

Roslyn June 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

Enviable possession that measuring vase! Lovely it's my favorite.

Protector of Vintage June 11, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

What fabulous finds!! I especially like the red casserole adorned with wheat. Have a nice day!

the wild raspberry June 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM  

that measuring vase is so amazing!
chasity

CC June 11, 2009 at 5:45 PM  

I too love yard sales and older out of the way shops. You got some fantastic buys. I loved the measuring vase..I've never seen one before..and I love the red bowl.You did well with those sales. :)
Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

Anonymous,  June 11, 2009 at 8:14 PM  

Wow - some great finds! I love the measuring vase - what a treasure!

Susan June 11, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

I had the tupperware deli keeper and used it for my bread and butter pickles. Love all the autumn colors of your finds.

Unknown June 11, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

I'm impressed that you got so many comments--and you're not even giving anything away!

Virginia June 11, 2009 at 11:32 PM  

That's the beauty of the internet dear hubby (Stephen). And yes, there are others out there that love "junk" just as much as I do!

Miri June 12, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

Great treasures at fantastic prices! Love the dip bowls...I remember my Mom would set out pretzels, chips and dip for her ladies card games! I was also struck by how the dip bowls were made with those nice dips on the rims :)

farmlady June 12, 2009 at 11:14 AM  

I love the little Gemco sugar and creamer. If you put it on Itsy I will make you an offer you can't resist.
That "scrambled" Fritata looks wonderful.

For the love of thrift June 12, 2009 at 1:05 PM  

Hmmmm, that measuring cup is so perfectly vinatge, beauty!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP