There's two upcoming fairs that I want to highlight today.
The first is the 76th Annual League of NH Craftsmen's Fair.
The League of NH Craftsmen's Fair is one of the finest, most prestigious craft events in the country today. This annual nine-day event features both traditional and contemporary fine craft work by juried members of the League of New Hampshire Craftsmen.
- Shop more than 200 individual craft booths featuring jewelry, wood accessories, decorative glass, pottery, fiber arts, metalwork, furniture, prints, and more.
- Be inspired by the museum-quality Living With Craft Exhibition where room-like vignettes are filled with handcrafted furniture and decorative home accessories.
- Stroll through the new Sculpture Garden Exhibition and enjoy the inspirational collection of outdoor furnishings, sculptures and garden accessories.
- Select one-of-a-kind clothing and fashion accessories from the CraftWear boutique and sales exhibition showcasing handcrafted, wearable art.
- Participate in Demonstrations, Children's Workshops and Teen & Adult Workshops that teach how fine craft is made from start to finish.
- Visit The Shop At The Fair where the work of some of the League's newest members is featured.
- Enjoy a variety of daily Performing Arts by some of New England's finest musicians, storytellers and theater groups.
- View the work of guests from the New Hampshire Art Association, the New Hampshire Guilds, and The Next Generation who are children of state-juried League members learning to make and sell craftwork of their own.
- See the Print Exhibition featuring a selection of the finest prints in a variety of techniques.
The Expo will include activities, demonstrations, entertainment and games. Try a climbing wall; see bike demos; try a chair massage; pick up tips on fishing, map and compass, wilderness first aid, herbal medicine and more! Learn about hiking with dogs and children, campfire safety, moose myths and facts, alpine plants and mammals, hypothermia, and information every hiker should know. In addition, more than 40 vendors will be on hand to demonstrate outdoor or health-related services or products.Admission is $5 per adult; kids under age 12 are free. Admission includes all activities, exhibits and demonstrations, with the exception of tram rides and boat rentals.
If you're looking for other fairs, the Cheshire Fair in Swanzey (western NH) is is ongoing through August 2nd. Also, if you're heading north, the Canaan Old Home Days Craft Fair is taking place.
Have a good weekend!