Can I slide week 5 One Local Summer meal in under the radar? And can I tell you the truth? I actually made this meal a few weeks ago, but I feel I owe you some sort of local recipe as recipes have been lacking around here! A quiche is a very versatile meal and you can utilize many local ingredients. Ok, so after admitting my failure at producing a local meal this week, I give you:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil plus extra for pie plate
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends snapped off and discarded, spears sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped (I used spring garlic)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese (omit if going truly local)
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs (homemade if you wish)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, garlic, cheese, and bread crumbs. Add salt, pepper, and fresh parsley, whisking again to combine.
3. Add asparagus and stir to combine. Pour mixture into the prepared pie plate and bake in preheated oven 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.