Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Marvelous Winter Markets!

I know I'm late in getting this post up, but I just have to rave about the fabulous winter markets happening on the Seacoast! I visited two Winter Farmers' Markets this past Saturday, and let's just say, don't say you can't eat locally during the dark New England winters!

The day started at the Newmarket Winter Farmers' Market at the Stone Church. It was my first time stopping by a Newmarket farmers' market and what a great set up they have. The next Newmarket Winter Farmers' Market will be December 19th from 9 am - 1 pm.

Dr. Tomato of Healthy Home Harvest was in attendance and it was great to talk to him about his greenhouse business. If you're looking into purchasing a greenhouse or just starting to consider the idea, definitely talk to Dr. Tomato. He's also a fabulous source of local mushrooms, if that's your thing. Me, I don't like mushrooms very much.

I also picked up the book Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal by Joel Salatin from Peter Allen of Newfields Own Produce who graciously was selling a few different books at cost. I love anything and everything Joel Salatin writes, he's amazing.

Since I had two sweet blessings pulling me in many directions, and a husband trying to control the chaos, I swiftly finished my trip and loaded up the car to head over to the Rollinsford market at the Wentworth Greenhouses.

All I can say about the Wentworth Greenhouse Market is....oh my goodness! The market has exploded with vendors! HUGE! You have to make it out to Rollinsford at least once this winter. The next Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers' Market will be held at the Wentworth Greenhouses on December 5th from 10 am - 2 pm. Be there! You won't be disappointed...fresh salad greens, seafood, meat, pork, poultry, eggs, beets, winter squashes, honey, cheeses, maple syrup and more.

All I snagged was maple syrup from Sugarmomma's Maple Farm and garlic seeds from Charlie Reed of Osprey Cove Organic Farm. I will be coming a whole lot more mentally prepared next time! Look for me in the khaki baseball hat with my blog name on it...and say HI!

Check out what Colleen and Amy picked up at the weekend markets:
Amy at What Did She Do Today?
Colleen at Penny-Wise People

1 comments:

NHmommy November 25, 2009 at 7:04 AM  

hey,
i hit the rollinsford one when they opened with colton is tow in a stroller. bad idea..but i did get org. anadama bread, maple syrup from sugarm momma's, gr. lamb, venison stew meat and gr. pork and some potatoes. i couldnt believe how many people were there, it was insane. next time i need to go sans child.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP