Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Vintage Thingies Thursday: MY Kitchen

Finally have another Vintage Thingies Thursday to share with you!

I don't know how vintage this particular item is, but it is definitely a vintage concept.

I stumbled across it at a local thrift store.  At first all that I saw was "Virginia" so I assumed it was yet another Virginia state memorabilia piece.  I had to double check and upon un-burying it, I saw that it wasn't a Virginia state item, but my name clearly stating who was the queen cook in the kitchen.  I know it's a tad on the ugly side, but it's vintage-esque and mine!


The lovely cashier sold it to me for all the change in my car...$0.87!  I mean, how many more Virginia's were going to come along looking for a kitchen plaque?  It's placed on my wall next to my stove and I just love it!  I don't have any personalized Virginia items so it's quite special.  Thanks for stopping by my VTT post!

For more Vintage Thingies Thursday posts, be sure to check out Coloradolady's blog.

20 comments:

Maureen December 3, 2009 at 1:01 AM  

Woo-hoo! Gotta love name thingies! They go in waves according to the hot name of the day so makes you know you were hot at some time!

Roslyn December 3, 2009 at 2:42 AM  

Yeah I would have bought it too if it had my name on it!

Jane December 3, 2009 at 8:03 AM  

I would have bought that too if my name was on it! Great find and now it has a brand new place to call home.
Jane

Miri December 3, 2009 at 8:19 AM  

You had to buy it! Thanks for the chuckle-loved the 87 cents!

Looks 1970s to me!

Postcardy December 3, 2009 at 8:29 AM  

I have a couple of personalized kitchen things. One was made to order and the other doesn't spell my name quite right. I think it is fun to look at the name stuff in the stores. I don't see my name anymore, and there are some names I have never even heard of.

Robin Ennis Willson December 3, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

How cool is that? What a sweet find, aren't they the best?
My grandmother had a bunch of those trivets and she painted over some of them. I think I still have them in a box somewhere (we moved about a year ago and we're still not unpacked!)

★Carol★ December 3, 2009 at 11:17 AM  

Wow, that's really awesome, and I think it was meant to be! Show that trivet off with pride, because you have a beautiful name!
Happy VTT!
Carol

Unknown December 3, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

Oh thats adorable! Beyond sweet, and that cashier too! happy vintage thursday!

LV December 3, 2009 at 3:36 PM  

I think your plaque is perfect for you. You do not see many things with your name on it either. Glad you found it. One thing for sure, I will never find mine on anything like this. Happy you shared and visited me today.

Unknown December 3, 2009 at 3:45 PM  

Definitely from the 79s, I remember someone's mom having one.

Susan December 3, 2009 at 7:03 PM  

Definitely a good find. A very popular item in the 1970's.
Happy VTT!

Allison December 3, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Vintage treasures mean even more when a fun story is attached!

Angela December 3, 2009 at 7:57 PM  

Hey Virginia!

I live in West Virginia! lol I would have bought it too if it had my name on it! My daughter's middle name is Hope. I have been finding lots of things with her name on it. If it's cute I have to buy it! I just bought a cute Hope with a Christmas scene on it today!

Debbie December 3, 2009 at 8:59 PM  

What a fun find. I have been told that vintage is anything older than 20 years so I bet your plaque qualifies!

CC December 3, 2009 at 9:02 PM  

The cashier was a real sweetie..I love the little hanging. It's really cute. Happy VTT..have a lovely weekend.

Coloradolady December 3, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

My grandmother had one almost exactly like this, hers said Emily....how fun to find a vintage piece with your name on it! Happy VTT and have a great weekend.

Teresa December 3, 2009 at 10:05 PM  

I used to have one of those with my name on it. My grandmother had given it to me. I am not sure what happened to it though. I used it as a trivet. YOur's is very pretty and how can you resist something with your name on it. My son is also named Evan. good choice!

Vonlipi December 4, 2009 at 4:25 AM  

What a nice find !Whether it's on the ugly side or not...It's all relative. It's all in the eye of the beholder and that is what is so fun about vintage!

Man I would take a plaque with my name any day!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP