Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, April 5, 2010

Review: Amelia Maes & Co.

I love living in Southern NH!  There are so many chances to eat locally all year round and an endless supply of specialty food producers.  One of those awesome food producers is Dagne Goodwin of Amelia Maes & Co.

I received a sample of Amelia Maes & Co.'s Goodie's Barbecue Sauce and tried it late last week.  Let me say, very good stuff!  I basted the sauce on to some chicken pieces and we gobbled it up! 

Goodie's Barbecue Sauce is a Kansas City style sauce, smokey, sweet and peppery.  Not too hot, not too sweet.  My three-year old enjoyed it whereas my picky four year old was not too keen.  It definitely has a bit of a bite, but not too much that most kids won't go for it.  Here's a cooking tip from their website:
We recommend that you put the sauce on right when the meat is done and then put it back on the grill for a few minutes to cook it into the meat.  This is how the masters do it and you won't have a burnt piece of meat on your hands.  You have to try it.

I baked my chicken and put the barbecue sauce on after it was cooked, and, well, you have to try it!  Also what I love is that no additives, fillers, colorings, or preservatives are used in the making of the barbecue sauce.

Also made by Amelia Maes & Co. are a selection of gourmet hot pepper jellies, savory jams, sweet jams, and dessert toppings. 

You can find Amelia Maes & Co. products in these locations:

Product was provided free of charge in exchange for review from Amelia Maes & Co. and doesn’t affect my views or feedback of the product. This review is based solely on my personal opinion and experience and results may vary person to person.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP