Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Friday, July 9, 2010

Baked Hake with Herbs

I picked up my Eastman's CSF from Lasting Legacy Farm today and on the menu was hake!  Steve and I have never had hake, but read it was much like cod.  That worked for us.  I used the recipe that Eastman's Fish sent along and it turned out delicious!

For a side I shredded up some zucchini, onion, and potato and made some veggie pancakes.  I pulled from a few different recipes, so nothing to post here.  I do want to point out an awesome recipe resource though.  Food Blog Search is a great tool to use when you're looking for a recipe.  I love browsing blogs for recipes and scanning the comments for tips and tricks.  That's where I learned I can fudge the pancake recipe and use no eggs since I had none on hand.  Check it out, maybe you'll love it as much as me!  Onto your hake recipe for today!

Baked Hake with Herbs
1/2 c. butter
2/3 c. crushed Saltine crackers (I used Panko breadcrumbs)
1/4 c. Parmesean cheese
1/2 tsp basil
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 lb. hake fillets (can substitute sole, haddock or cod)

In 13x9 inch pan, melt butter at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes.  Meanwhile, combine crackers, cheese, basil, oregano, salt, and garlic powder.  Dip fish in butter then in crumbs.  Arrange fish in baking pan.  Bake in the center of oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until tender.  Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Rita July 10, 2010 at 7:56 PM  

This recipe looks like something I would love.
Rita

dining room table July 21, 2010 at 2:30 AM  

Your Baked Hake with Herbs recipe looks so easy to do. And almost all of the ingredients are available here in our place. I am going to give it a try.

Anonymous,  September 29, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

So easy, and if it's like cod i know we will love it! Love the veggie pancakes!

Stainless Steel Sinks September 4, 2011 at 6:01 AM  

Perfect - was just Googling around for something to do with hake, this looks great. Haven't got fillets unfortunately, but we can live with the bones :)

Renee,  October 16, 2011 at 8:45 PM  

Made it tonight and the whole family LOVED it! Thanks!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP