Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blueberry picking!

Wednesday morning I'm off for some blueberry picking at Berrybogg Farm in Strafford, NH. Supposedly the crop has held up through the rain and the bushes are in need of picking. I hope to pick at least 10 lbs. Anyone else go blueberry picking this season? I've already been once to Locke's Blueberry Farm in Barnstead, NH. I picked 7 lbs when I was there. My two kiddos love blueberries though, so I need many more pounds to sustain them through the winter (and all the yummy blueberry recipes I'm finding)!

So I'll update everyone Wednesday afternoon with how picking went and how many pounds I picked. I am also planning on stopping at the Dover Farmer's Market (open from 2 pm - 6 pm). If anyone is interested the Dover, Exeter and Portsmouth farmer's markets will be having canning demonstrations. I want to pick up one of the fact sheets that discusses how to store all the vegetables and produce. Someday I may get into canning or at least freezing my produce for the winter months.

I hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 8:51 PM  

I'll be headng over to the Dover FM tomorrow too. Most likely around 4 ish.

Anonymous,  August 12, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

Oh yeah, forgot to sign my post.. its Ashlee LOL.

Virginia August 12, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Haha, hey Ash...

Kids are napping at 4 pm, I'll be right there at 2 pm probably. Do you want to do something later in the evening?

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP