Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Now that's what I call a haul...

I went to the Dover farmer's market this afternoon and came back with much more of a "haul" this time, although it's all veggies. But veggies are good, right?
So we have three ears of corn that actually didn't come from the Dover's farmer's market. I picked them up on the way home at ThistleRidge Hatchery & Wildgame Farm at 379 Tolend Rd. in Dover, NH. Also to be noted, they have chicken eggs for $2.50/doz.

Ok, onto what I actually snagged at the farmer's market. I picked up some sungold tomatoes which I just tried for the first time and I must say they're absolutely delicious. At the same stand (New Roots Farm) I picked up that yellow squash.

The onion and red potatoes (from the same farm stand as these potatoes - which were sooo good I had to buy more) were from Wake Robin Farm.

The lettuce mix was from Ricky Nelson Farm. Look for a neat post in the next month or so about this farm. Supposedly they'll be a good resource for vegetables in the wintertime and some summer fruit that the farm has frozen for winter sale.

And lastly, the green peppers (cute lil things, aren't they?) and green beans came from another farm stand at the market, and I just can't place the name! But they look good.

Enjoy the rest of the beautiful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous,  August 14, 2008 at 9:49 AM  

Oh man, we weren't able to go to the Farmer's Market after all. Ryan took the day off and we went up to Ogunquit Beach to see his family. We had fun, but I would've loved to pick up some yummy treats. There is a VERY small stand at the end of Oak Street that I get some of my veggies from. It's very sporatic, but most days they have something set up. I got a cabbage the size of a big watermelon yesterday. I love cabbage......

Virginia August 14, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

Cabbage? Meh, not so much!

I think we're going to make a big salad today.

If you wanted to, you could have called me and I would have picked up the yummy treats for you!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP