Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Our local lunch....well mostly local!

I used some of my Dover farmer's market finds from last week in today's meal. Presenting chicken, green beans, potatoes and couscous.

The chicken is seasoned with McCormick's Montreal Chicken seasoning. Nice basic ingredients and very tasty. I drizzled a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a square glass dish and then turned the chicken in the dish a few times to coat with oil then I seasoned them. I baked it at 350 degrees for over a half hour. I checked a few times to see when it was done.

The potatoes were scrubbed then steamed in a Glad steaming bag. They came out very tender and I lightly mashed them with a fork and sprinkled on some salt and garlic powder and a touch of butter.

The green beans came from my father-in-law's garden and were steamed in the microwave as well. And the lovely couscous came from Shaw's. Hey what can I say? It was quick to cook! I haven't figured out local grains/starches yet (aside from the local potatoes in the meal).

It was a very good meal and it was prepared rather quickly which is always a plus with young children underfoot! So there's a tasty local meal you can easily make for yourself...

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP