Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 11, 2008

Verry Blueberry Muffins


I came across some local honey while at Lee Farm Day. (If you didn't go, you missed out on some yummy elk burgers!)

Anyway, Hive Healthy, out of Nottingham, NH, was selling some Grade A - Pure Natural Wildflower Honey. An 8 oz. bottle was just $4 so I picked some up some to try.

Sunday morning I was browsing the Seacoast Beekeeper's Association to see what they had to offer. I opened up their August newsletter and came across this fabulous recipe for blueberry muffins made with plain yogurt and honey. I had all the ingredients on hand so I got to work making some scrumptious Sunday morning muffins.

The ingredients came together very quickly and I had the muffins in the oven in no time. When they came out of the oven they were as gorgeous as could be. I was quite pleased with how they tasted too. They weren't overly sweet, but had enough sweetness that you weren't just tasting just flour and berries.

Now I'm sure you're dying for the recipe, right? I used my local honey, eggs (picked up at the Barrington farmer's market last Saturday), yogurt and blueberries (picked at Locke's Blueberry Farm in Barnstead, NH). Ok, ok...here's the recipe! Enjoy! (And if you do make them, please leave me a comment and let me know how you enjoyed them.)

VERRY BLUEBERRY MUFFINS
2 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 egg
1/2 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. blueberries, frozen or fresh

Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a one bowl

Combine yogurt with baking soda in a second bowl; set aside.

Beat the eggs and then add oil, honey and vanilla into a third bowl.

Add flour mixture and yogurt mixture alternately to egg mixture. Gently fold in berries. Grease muffin tins. Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP