Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Raw milk, farmer's cheese and fresh yogurt, OH MY!


One of my first missions was to find some local raw milk. I've done a bunch of reading about allergies and I really felt this was the best option for our daughter. I will go into this more later, but I wanted to share my trip to Brookford Farm in Rollinsford, NH.

At the farm they have organic eggs, pasteurized yogurt, farmer's cheese, raw milk, cream and they even have a selection of grass-finished meat!

The farm store works off the honor system and when you first stop by you'll need to put down a deposit for the lovely glass bottles they supply. For instance, the raw milk is $4 per half gallon. The deposit on the bottle is $2.50 per half gallon bottle. So prepare to go in with at least $6.50 on your first visit! Every time after that, so long as you return your clean glass bottle, you can pick up another half gallon of this lovely milk. I know you really can't tell from the picture, but in the milk jar, from the top of the "LL" on Ball, to the lid, that's all cream!

My kids love it so far, and my daughter hasn't stopped asking for it! It hasn't been long enough to report back on any behavior or health changes, but I and the kids find it tasty. Dear husband on the other hand is still adjusting! Isn't that how all men are? Slow to adjust!

Well that's all for tonight, there will definitely be more to come..... Have a nice day!

1 comments:

Just Me August 6, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

I'm glad that you are enjoying the milk! Too bad we can't have any type of milk. You should check out my friend Emily. She is doing quite a bit with changing diet etc. She's under Emily on my blog list.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP