Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cucumber Slices with Dill

I was given some cucumbers out of a friends garden a few days ago, as well as some fresh dill. Here's what I made:

Cucumber Slices with Dill


INGREDIENTS

  • 4 large cucumbers, sliced
  • 1 onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 tablespoon dried dill weed (I used fresh dill)
  • 1 cup white sugar (I cut down to 1/2 cup per the reviews)
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 teaspoon salt (optional)

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a large serving bowl, combine cucumbers, onions and dill. In a medium size bowl combine sugar, vinegar, water and salt; stir until the sugar dissolves. Pour the liquid mixture over the cucumber mixture. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving (the longer this dish marinates the tastier it is!).

    This turned out pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of cucumbers outside of salad, but I enjoyed this. Give it a try it a try, it makes a great summer salad!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP