Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Friday, August 22, 2008

Me versus the peaches

I stopped by Butternut Farm today and picked over 25 pounds of peaches! I'm going to peel them and put them up in the freezer for baking and winter eating.

This is how you peel peaches the easy way: Peach Peeling. I however learned that peaches must truly be ripe before trying to blanch and peel! Oh did I fight with some of those peach skins and when they're not so ripe, they don't pull away from the pit so easily.

So, I have many more peaches sitting out and when they're ripe, I'll start blanching again and hope for better results. I really do think blanching works for peeling since I did have one or two peaches who peeled nicely.

Does anyone have any great peach recipes? I probably have 2-4 cups sliced up now. I'd love some recipes!

5 comments:

Anonymous,  August 22, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

Here's my peach recipe:

1) wash off peach with cold water

2) eat it

Virginia August 22, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

Thanks dear husband of mine!

;)

Anonymous,  August 23, 2008 at 6:10 PM  

Just lovely! I wanted to go to Butternut today, but didn't make it. Maybe tomorrow. I so want peach crisp!!! Happy baking.

Anonymous,  August 24, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

We went to Butternut farms the other day and picked blueberries and tomatoes. Of course now all of my own tomatoes are ripening up. Got any tomato recipes, LOL! Love reading your blog!Ashlee

Virginia August 24, 2008 at 8:38 AM  

Try Crockpot Tomato Sauce
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Stephanies-Freezer-Spaghetti-Sauce/Detail.aspx
It's something I want to try as well!

Or make some chili or even just chunk up some store bought pasta sauce.

Do a search on allrecipes.com for "tomatoes" and I'm sure your bound to come up with something tasty

Virginia

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP