Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Peach & Blackberry Crisp

I decided to make a peach crisp last night. I did tweak the recipe and added a nice handful of wild blackberries. Traditionally, crisps have oatmeal in them and it was actually difficult to find a recipe online actually containing oatmeal! Here's what I eventually found from Recipezaar.

PEACH CRISP
Crust
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup oatmeal
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Filling

  • 4 cups sliced peaches
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 tablespoons cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  2. Combine crust ingredients; divide in half. Press half into bottom and half up sides of 8x8 baking pan; set aside.
  3. In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and becomes clear. Stir in vanilla.
  4. Pour sugar mixture evenly over peaches.
  5. Top with remaining half of crumb mixture.
  6. Bake at 300 for 1 hour or until bubbly.
  7. Top servings with plenty of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
I enjoyed how simple and straightforward this recipe was. A versatile crisp in which I'm sure you could substitute other fruits or make a mix of fruits like I did. I also made a 9x13 pan of crisp instead of the 8x8 called for in the recipe. I just upped the ingredients till it looked right, I didn't want to increase the sugar too much. Definitely putting this in my recipe favorites list!

Enjoy a nice warm crisp today!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP