Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, August 23, 2008

My New Toy


Well, I guess you can't really call it a toy, but my new treat for myself, let's say. I saw some vintage Pyrex somewhere recently and I was just in love. I loved their "Cinderella" nesting bowls. I noticed their green daisy (Spring Blossom) pattern would match my day-to-day dishes perfectly.





I went onto E-bay and snagged this 4 piece nesting bowl set for a mere $15. Shhh, dear husband doesn't know yet, oh wait, he reads this blog, oh well! There's a handle on one side and on the other a spout to pour out the batter or what have you. I'm SO excited! And just for sharing purposes, here's my day to day dishes. I think it "goes" fairly well. Okay, not that great, but they're not serving bowls, just mixing bowls!

So this may just be my new collection, or my first collection for that matter. I'm falling in love with my kitchen and all the nifty gadgets and serving/baking pieces. Cooking and baking is fun!

So what do you collect? It doesn't have to be kitchen related. I'd love to hear!

3 comments:

Anonymous,  August 26, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

I collect cookbooks-I think I'm up over 60 now! Since it can be a bit pricey, I joined 'the good cook' online and I use coupons and shop at Half Price Books and Costco.

I have been having a love affair with all things kitchen for quite some time.

I just came across your blog and haven't even scrolled thru yet, but I couldn't resist answering your question.

Virginia August 26, 2008 at 8:52 PM  

I actually have just fallen in love with collecting cookbooks too. I think my goal is to cook one recipe from each book I acquire.

I also joined Paperback Swap to swap some old books out for some new cookbooks. I'll have to check out 'the good cook'

Happy to have you here at my blog!

MJ August 28, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

I, too collect cookbooks! It wasn't on purpose, but a few months ago, I looked around and realized I've amassed quite the collection! I haven't counted, but I definitely have my favorites and LOVE finding new ones. Other than that, I collect pitchers, teapots, heart-shaped rocks, thimbles, seashells, & willow tree figurines. I think I'm making up for the blandness of my youth. I had a business card collection. Bo--Ring!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP