Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Adopt-a-Pet

I just wanted to share with you the two new loves in my life. No, I'm not pregnant!

We adopted two cats at Cocheco Valley Humane Society this weekend. They are a 3 year old brother and sister duo named Simba and Nala (not my name choice). My kids love them to pieces, maybe a little too much at times! Haha!
Photobucket Photobucket
I couldn't pass up these two sweeties. They truly have taken to the house wonderfully and fit right in. They're a joy to have around.

CVHS is offering reduced adoption fees so now a spayed/neutered adult cat (over 1 year) is only $50 ($35 if not spayed/neutered, plus a $50 refundable spay/neuter deposit). And also, a "buy one, get one free" offer. Oh, and CVHS sends you home with a cat carrier, 4 lbs of food per cat, the cat is micro chipped, and your first vet visit is free. That's all included with the adoption fee!

So if you have any space in your home/heart, think about adopting a pet from a local shelter. There's really a large need for loving homes for these pets and CVHS is a great shelter to work with.

1 comments:

Jenny September 22, 2008 at 4:39 PM  

I would love more space in my home! We have four kids in one bedroom right now. You can imagine how much fun they have when mommy and daddy say goodnight! :)

I tagged you on my blog.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP