Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crockpot Applesauce

I've seen this recipe posted in a few different places and I thought it was an awesome idea. What could be better than the smell of apples and cinnamon in the air and a nice bowl of applesauce?

The kids and I stopped by Butternut Farms again and picked some Honeycrisp apples. The apples were huge! I'm not sure if these were the best applesauce apples, but it looked and tasted fine. (For more info on apple varieties and uses, check this chart.) Here's the recipe:

Crockpot Applesauce
4-5 large apples (I used 5 extra large apples)
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
4 tbsp lemon juice
3/4 cup water

Peel, core and slice your apples and place in the crockpot. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 4-6 hours. Mash with fork or potato masher.

This is how my apples started their journey in the crockpot: I cooked them for a little over 4 hours and mashed them easily with a potato masher. Enjoy this simple recipe for yummy fresh applesauce.

I found a recipe for "Zucchini Muffins with Everything Nice" in one of my new cookbooks (quaint recipe name) that calls for applesauce so I'll be trying out the homemade applesauce in a recipe tomorrow. Stand by for that recipe and picture!

5 comments:

Unknown September 19, 2008 at 4:51 AM  

hi
hello
how was your day?
i liked your blog
you are fantastic!!!

really nice blog
fabulous fantastic
bye
take care
see you

Charlotte September 19, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

I can almost taste that applesauce now. And smell it too. I'll have to try that recipe. Sounds easy. Thanks for sharing.

American Homemaker September 21, 2008 at 1:36 AM  

That looks really yummy. I made crockpot applesauce once using dehydrated apples from my food storage. It turned out really good.

Leanne LaRue September 21, 2008 at 8:21 AM  

That looks Great!
What a nice Green bowl too, I will have to get some... Thanks for keeping up with this, I am starting to take this natural stuff serious!

Anonymous,  May 3, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

I copied this recipe last week and mentioned in one of my blog posts that I had made some homemade applesauce. Someone suggested that I post the recipe, so I did it just now. I hope you don't mind me passing it along. You can see it on my Charlotte's Weblog blog.
Charlotte

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP