Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cinnamon Raisin Granola

I've been slowly trying to move away from cereal. I'm just don't like paying so much for such processed grains. I'd rather make my own "cereal" or granola and get more bang for my buck. Does that make sense? Maybe I'm just rambling!

I came across this Cinnamon Raisin Granola recipe on AllRecipes and I thought I'd give it a try! I mean you can go wrong with "cinnamon" and "raisin!" If nothing else, I think this is one of my best food photos yet (minus the lack of natural lighting). Here's the recipe with my added tweaks.

Cinnamon Raisin Granola
3 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1 cup shredded coconut

1/4 cup light brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey (local, of course)
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp vanilla

1 cup raisins

1. In a large bowl combine oats, wheat germ, and coconut. Set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, oil, honey and cinnamon. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
3. Pour over oats mixture and stir to coat. Spread in a large baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Cool then add raisins. Store in an airtight container.

I'd definitely recommend trying this recipe! Very tasty with raw milk, I tried it! I'll have Steve try it with yogurt too. I think you'll like it too...

1 comments:

Pat May 23, 2009 at 4:42 AM  

Try using real Cinnamon in your recipe.

The Cinnamon available in the US is actually Cassia which has a high level of coumarin

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP