Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 11, 2008

Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash

What's one of the most popular fall vegetables? Butternut squash! But, I must admit, I'm not a huge squash fan. My mom invited me and the kids over for a tortellini and pesto dinner and I wanted to find some use for the butternut squash I picked up, but it had to have Italian overtones.

I went searching on AllRecipes.com and came across this fantastic recipe. I used my local butternut squash and local garlic from the Dover Farmer's Market. And for those that aren't squash fans, try this recipe! (And I'm just realizing I forgot to top it with cheese, so I'm sure it's even better with cheese, I will be making this again.)

Garlicky Baked Butternut Squash
INGREDIENTS:
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, combine the parsley, oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Add squash and toss to coat.
2. Transfer to an ungreased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees F for 50-55 minutes or until squash is just tender.

Enjoy!

1 comments:

Sara November 5, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Sounds delicious and looks great! Thanks for sharing for WCC!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP