Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 6, 2008

Maple Nut Granola

Amy, another local NH mom, at What Did She Do Today? posted what I thought was a fabulous granola recipe that I had to try. Sure enough, it was delicious! Steve thought this granola I made before was good, but he said this one was even better.

I substituted cashews with walnuts and put in 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2 cup Craisins. Very yum, especially with the local maple syrup!

Maple Nut Granola
3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans. Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add raisins and mix until evenly distributed.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Ankur October 8, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

I've left some instructions in the response to your comment at my blog for enabling invoking comments form from above abridged post itself.

I've tried to keep 'em simple. But I suggest you save away a copy before mending your blog template.

I see the template is looking so much better with the colors and imagery you've added to it.

Anonymous,  October 8, 2008 at 4:25 PM  

This sounds so yummy! I can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

Vonlipi October 8, 2008 at 4:50 PM  

This recipe looks real good! I will try it for sure...And I'll keep you posted!

Love your blog! I find it really cool that you try to live locally. Thanks for the inspiration!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP