Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Blueberry Yogurt Muffins

It's been too long since I've shared a yummy recipe with you. I had some extra yogurt leftover so I found this recipe for Blueberry Yogurt Muffins. Also I'll mention that Lenore of Rock Op Co-Op has a dairy delivery from Brookford Farm so you can get some farm fresh yogurt from this co-op. Oh and this week Lenore had some local blueberries for sale as well as eggs so you can utilize many local ingredients into this recipe.

Blueberry Yogurt Muffins

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8-ounce) carton vanilla low-fat yogurt
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
Cooking spray
1 tablespoon sugar

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly spoon 2 cups flour into dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine orange juice, oil, vanilla, yogurt, and egg; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moist. Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray; sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over muffins. Bake muffins at 400 degrees for 18 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans immediately, and place muffins on a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen

These turned out very yummy and fairly healthy for a muffin. There's 150 calories per muffin, 3 grams of fat and 1 gram of fiber. I got the recipe from The Complete Cooking Light Cookbook which I surprisingly snagged from Paperback Swap. You have to check them out, I've received so many great books from swapping.

Happy baking!

5 comments:

Vonlipi January 8, 2009 at 3:16 PM  

Looks delicious! I might try it soon. I'll keep you posted

;)

BPOTW January 17, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

MMMMM! Those look delish! I think I want to try to bake tomorrow morning...

Debra January 17, 2009 at 2:19 PM  

These look great - we just ran out of blueberries this morning. I might just need to swing by the store and pick some more up for your recipe!!!

Thanks

Brenda January 19, 2009 at 7:54 AM  

Looks great, blueberry muffins are one of my favorites!

Anonymous,  December 10, 2009 at 6:14 AM  

This was a good recipe . I like the inclusion of yogurt and the slight orange flavor from the juice. I wish I could say I used local blueberrie, mine cam to Florida from Argentina via New Jersey
Sandi- a transplanted New Englander

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP