Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, January 31, 2009

February Happenings

On the eve of February I thought I'd share a few upcoming events.

First off, the next Farmer's Market will be held February 7 at the Congregational Church in Exeter, NH. The market will be open from 10 am - 2pm. Here are some things available at the market:

Native shrimp, maple syrup, eggs, fresh salad greens, beef, garlic, turnips, turkey, carrots, milk, winter squash, potatoes, duck, beets, kale, pork, chicken, honey, lamb, onions, lobster, elk, & much more!

Also, Slow Food Seacoast is hosting a CSA Fair on February 14th at the Portsmouth Library from 10 am - 1 pm. This is a great time to meet the farms, ask questions and get all the information you need for the upcoming summer CSA season. Also, if you happen to be in the greater Portland, ME area, Slow Food Portland is hosting a set of CSA Fairs as well.

And lastly, the Second Generation Thirft Shoppe in both Rochester and Greenland, NH will be having stuff-a-bag sales in February. Wednesday, February 4th the sale will be happening in the Greenland store and on Thursday, February 5th, the sale will be happening at the Rochester store. It'll be $3 per bag and the events take place 9 am - 5 pm. Be sure to stop by, check it out, and support a great local cause all while recycling some great clothing!

The owner of the thrift shops is also assembling a list of different thrift ideas and websites on a great new site called N.E.A.T.S. Be sure to check that out as well and look for my blog being added soon!

Happy February!

4 comments:

Geek+Nerd January 31, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

I'm so excited about the upcoming farmer's market. My dad is going to be coming with me for the first time, so I'm going to help him navigate!

The N.E.A.T.S. site is an interesting idea. I think it will come in handy!

na January 31, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

I would love to do Farmers' Market that quickly...we have to wait until June! Have fun!

Anonymous,  January 31, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

The Blue Seal in Rochester sells Rowdy Roots, it's a fabulous mix, done by a local gardener, great for seed starting, if you want to simplify that part for this year. That is what I'm going to use. He does organic seedlings there as well, at least he did last year, and I'm greatly hoping he does again this year. They sell the Neptune's you mentioned, and their prices were good compared to other sources, last year.

Anonymous,  February 1, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

I'm stumbled upon your blog, almost accidentally, because I did a search for NH Blogs and I'm so glad that I did. I am trying to find cheap, healthy and local sources of fresh foods and your blog has proven to be so helplful! Keep it up!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP