Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Don't Forget - Jenness Farm today!

I was able to make it over to Jenness Farm and what a blast it was. A perfect event for kids of all ages as well. All the animals were out and loving the attention. And Pat's Cider Donuts stand was there, if you haven't tried his homemade donuts, you're missing out!

Rob of Yellow House Farm was also there selling fresh chicken and duck eggs. Yellow House Farm is also selling raffle tickets for $1 each. The prizes are as follows:

  • 3rd prize will be a coupon for 25% off a dozen chicks.
  • 2nd prize will be a coupon for 50% off a dozen chicks
  • 1st prize will be 12 FREE chicks!
Each prize will also include one free tuition to Chicken Husbandry 101 at Yellow House Farm. All proceeds from the raffle tickets will benefit the SPPA. So don't forget to get your raffle tickets at Jenness Farm. I was blessed with a half dozen duck eggs so I'll be posting a yummy scrambled duck egg recipe soon.

The farm store has an amazing selection of bath and body products all made with goat's milk. They also have goat's milk and local meat for sale at the farm store. Don't forget to fill out your questionaire located at the checkout table. You'll earn 2 free mini soaps for filling it out!

The Jenness Farm Open House is going on Sunday as well from 10 - 6 pm.

I think I'll be taking the kids over there this afternoon.

I also was able to stop at the Concord Co-op's Spring into Healthy Living Fair on Saturday. What an absolute great time that was. Way to go Concord Co-op. Vendors were passing out food samples left and right, I had a hard time keeping up with all the samples. I also was given two free reusable totes, I never say no to free totes! I'll have some milk delivery services to blog about in the coming week. So if you're near the Concord area, be sure to check out the co-op's offerings, it's certainly something I wish I had closer to me.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Photo courtesy of iLoveButter.

1 comments:

maryb April 19, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Thanks for the reminder! Sounds like it will be fun.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP