Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wind, wind go away!

No the wind hasn't blown me away....yet! Anyone else sick of the wind and cold days? Where is the wondrous spring weather? The rest of the week looks fairly decent though!

Well let's see what's on tap for the rest of April...

The Kittery Adult Education has a few more garden related classes coming up in the next few weeks:

Gardening with Children, Thursday, April 16, 6:30 - 8 pm
Backyard Foraging, Thursday, April 30, 6:30 - 8 pm
Community Gardens, Thursday, May 7, 6:30 - 8 pm

The Local Garden & Energy Fair is coming up on April 18th from 10 am - 3 pm at the McConnell Center in Dover, NH. Topics include soils, pests and diseases, biofuels, beekeeping, energy efficiency, EnergyStar Appliances, energy tax credits & rebates and renewables.

Yellow House Farm is still hosting Chicken Husbandry 101 classes. Future classes are scheduled for Saturday May 9th and Saturday May 16th. Duck and Goose Husbandry 101 has classes scheduled for Sunday April 26th and Sunday May 3rd. I'm not sure if either of those two classes are full so I'd reserve your spot as soon as possible!

Jenness Farm's 2009 Spring Open House is also approaching on April 18th and the 19th from 10 am - 6pm each day. You'll be able to meet their new spring babies, tour the farm, and browse local vendors wares. It's sure to be a good time! For more information contact Lori at lori@jennessfarm.com or call (603) 942-8051.

Also, I'll be giving away a 30 Minute Mozzarella & Ricotta Kit as a part of the New England Bloggers upcoming Blog Giveaway Carnival from April 27 - May 1. Stick around for that! Also, if you have a New England blog, be sure to grab the New England Blogger button for your blog at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord.

2 comments:

Geek+Nerd April 16, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

Ooh, I just added the New England button, fun!

Unknown April 17, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

OOH! That sounds like something I'd like to try? Do I have to MAKE the cheeses, or do they come to me? Because I know I'm going to win!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP