Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Simple Salad Dressing

How nice to be able to be able to whip up a simple salad dressing whose top ingredients do not include sugar (or, shudder, high fructose corn syrup) or polyunsaturated oils in just minutes! I put this together for my birthday dinner this evening and it was super yummy and very easy to assemble.

Simple Salad Dressing

  • 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
  • salt and pepper to taste
Shake up ingredients in your container of choice and drizzle over salad. Feel free to add a little garlic if you'd like.
  
Check out Kitchen Stewardship for more homemade salad dressing recipes.

And, as a tease, I've been a gardening mad-man this weekend. Stand by for a huge garden update and...pictures! Everything is taking off!

1 comments:

Kitchen Stewardship February 4, 2010 at 9:45 PM  

I've been using dijon mustard in my vinaigrettes, but it's a little tangy w/balsamic. Maybe just keeping it simple would be better!
Thanks for linking up!
:) Katie

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP