Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tackle It Tuesday: When Life Gives You Lemons...

Don't pucker! Over the (holiday) weekend, my fridge kindly decided it was done being a refrigerator. It didn't even ask me if I was good timing or not! Thankfully we think we know how we can fix it without buying a whole new appliance, but we did lose quite a bit of food in the process!

So while standing back and looking at the interior, I realized, the poor fridge really needed a thorough wipe down. So that's the chore I took on this Tuesday. Making lemonade from the lemons my fridge threw at me! And the husband was quite happy to have a clean fridge!
I was so excited to use my new "green" cleaner, Basic H2, from Shaklee. It offers me cleaning choices that are safe, powerful, green AND smart. I'm happy I don't have to choose if I should keep my house safe or the earth clean...I'm able to do both with these products. It worked wonderfully, look at that shine, all with no noxious odor AND my toddlers can help me wipe down the shelves without me having to worry about their health.

I am very impressed with the Get Clean products from Shaklee that I am now an Independent Shaklee Distributor. If you'd like to know more about the incredible Shaklee Opportunity, just send me an e-mail! Feel free to browse my website and consider purchasing some products from the Get Clean line and start ridding your house of the non-beneficial chemicals polluting you and your house.

Let me leave you with some thoughts to ponder...

Did you know?

  • Over 90% of poison exposures happen at home.
  • Common chlorine bleach is the #1 household chemical involved in poisoning.
  • Organic pollutants, found in many common cleaners and even air fresheners, have levels 2 to 5 times higher inside your home than out.
  • Common cleaners give off fumes that can potentially increase the risk of kids developing asthma, the most common chronic childhood disease.
  • 1 in 13 school-aged children has asthma. Rates in children under five have increased more than 160% from 1980 –1994.
  • If your home is anything like the average U.S. home, you generate more than 20 pounds of household hazardous waste each year (the EPA designates toilet cleaners, tub and tile cleaners, oven cleaners, and bleach as hazardous waste).
What are you going to do with this information?

4 comments:

Leanne LaRue May 26, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

Ginny,
This is a great post!

Hoosier Homemade May 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM  

That looks like good stuff! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
~Liz

Donetta May 26, 2009 at 11:18 PM  

Hello, Thanks for the comment and the visit. Nice to meet you. Sounds like we have a few things in common.

I do hope that the refer works well with ease of service. I love to make things work when we can.

It looks beautiful.
I use a lot of vinegar and baking soda to clean with.

Angela @ Nine More Months May 27, 2009 at 4:17 PM  

Wow that is a seriously clean fridge!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP