Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 1, 2009

Welcome to my Garden

I finally snapped some, okay, a ton of pictures this weekend while that bright shiny thing in the sky peeked out from behind the clouds! I'm amazed at how quickly the garden has taken hold and I've already harvested lettuce, spinach and Swiss chard! I'm going to let the pictures do the talking for the most part...enjoy!

Lemon Balm in a container on the back porch:
Photobucket

Purslane from Dr. Tomato's organic seedlings at the Rochester Blue Seal
Photobucket

Rosemary on the back porch as well...can you smell that focaccia bread?
Photobucket

Basil for pesto
Photobucket

Garlic chives for...something!
Photobucket

Sort of struggling box 'o' herbs...I think it'll bounce back and grow up real strong
Photobucket

Future Mashed Potatoes of America Club members
Photobucket

New to the garden, King Richard leeks
Photobucket

One of six pepper plants in my garden, this one is a poblano pepper
Photobucket

Red bowl and green bowl lettuce almost ready for harvest
Photobucket

Climbing up Snow Pea Mountain
Photobucket

Hello carrots
Photobucket

Broccoli monster
Photobucket

One of...many tomato plants! And the lonely cilantro on the left.
Photobucket

Onions growing right along. I have 4.5 squares of onions with roughly 16 onions growing in each square.
Photobucket

Name that seedling...Steve accidentally sent a frozen Halloween pumpkin through the snow blower last winter and I think this might be a pumpkin seedling. I transplanted it from the edge of the driveway to my garden. We'll see what grows!
Photobucket

And for the grand finale, here's a few views of the two garden beds this past weekend.
This bed was filled with soil just last week. Still 11 square feet of space to grow! Cucumbers and green bean seeds are planted along the fence.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And...this is what my garden looked like a little over a month ago on April 28th!!
Check out Amy's garden posts at What Did She Do Today?. Penny-Wise People has a nice local garden coming along as well.

4 comments:

Risa June 1, 2009 at 6:40 PM  

I love your garden. I live in a small apartment in Washington, DC so I don't have any place for a garden, but one day I would love one!

Anonymous,  June 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Your broccoli looks amazing!! Ours is still really tiny - but we're hoping it'll grow!

Drove through Lee today, and noticed the sign is up for the Farmers' Market - it's starting this week (Thursday). Hooray!

Lisa June 2, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

name that seedling???

Its zucchini? :D

Tara June 3, 2009 at 8:41 AM  

Wow!! that's amazing....i'm so jealous!! i'm behind this year.... :O)

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP