Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Wordless Wednesday: One Potato, Two Potato

Harvested my potatoes today..."only" 5 lbs, but way more than I expected! Mashed potatoes here I come! Growing in bags does work! Can't wait to tweak this method next year.

From this (6/1):To this (6/24):To today's harvest:

Photobucket

6 comments:

angie August 13, 2009 at 12:32 AM  

Looks like a great harvest to me. :)

James August 13, 2009 at 1:36 AM  

That is so cool! I might have to try it. Nice post.

TC August 13, 2009 at 2:41 AM  

Oh man those taters look good. Nice work. I need to snap pics of my Heirloom tomatoes. By the way.You may be interested in this.Change The World Wednesday's is a program you may be interested in blogging about & joining in. I link up to all who participate. It is a great program for anyone who is promoting green sustainable living practices. Do something for yourself, the environment and your blog or site. Here is this weeks challenge along with the info about the program.
http://livesmartbook.blogspot.com/2009/08/change-world-wednesdays.html Leave me a comment with the link to your post if you decide to do one so I can link back to your blog in a live link post.

Colleen August 13, 2009 at 8:24 AM  

Awesome potatoes!! I might have to try that next year - growing in bags. Looks like fun!

AudreyO August 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

I've never grown potatoes, yet they are one of my favorite foods. How fun.

mary b August 21, 2009 at 11:29 AM  

What a great harvest! I always wanted to try my hand at potatoes.
Wish I saw your earlier post on the how-to.
Maybe next year!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP