Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Applecrest Farm Weekend Festivals

Yesterday the kiddos and I went to the Exeter Farmer's Market for the first time. Due to Steve's work shift and the kids nap schedule, it has made it tough for us to get to the Exeter market. I was quite pleased to make it before closing time yesterday! I picked up some wonderful local maple syrup (I prefer Grade B, but be sure to find a maple syrup supplier who will let you taste test first, this is what sold me on the product!), I also bought a head of cauliflower and plan to make Sarah's Roasted Cauliflower and last but not least, I bought some local bacon from Kellie Brook Farm in Greenland, NH. I can't wait for local eggs and bacon this weekend!

Anyway, moving on to what this post is truly about! The great fall festivals that Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls, NH hosts. These festivals run every Saturday and Sunday from the first weekend in September till mid-October. Some of the activities include:

  • FREE live Folk and Bluegrass music
  • Pick-your-own apples and pumpkins
  • Horse-drawn orchard hayrides
  • Children's petting zoo
  • Face painting
  • Pie eating contests
  • Balloons
  • Apple pie and ice cream
  • Old-fashioned hot cider donuts
  • Make-your-own scarecrow
  • Our World Famous Corn Roast featuring: grilled gourmet sausages, hot dogs, hamburgers, fire-roasted corn, Maine clam chowder, fresh pressed apple cider and more.

It sounds like a wonderful time and there are a good handful of weekends left to enjoy some fall festivities. So pack the family up and head over to Applecrest Farm Orchards, I know I will be putting this on my fall calendar!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP