Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Friday, September 12, 2008

Simple Fruit Cobbler

My grandmother is in town this weekend and she spent the day with the kids and me. Oh what a joy that was with my busy two! But we did have fun! I made a lasagna (not local, I must admit), but I did buy a Roasted Garlic Boule from the Beach Pea Baking Co. in Kittery, Maine. It was so very delicious. If you're in that area, I suggest you stop by and try something, you can't go wrong with anything you pick.

For dessert I found a wonderful recipe for Simple Fruit Cobbler. I figured with all the frozen blackberries and blueberries I have I should be able to make a nice cobbler. Well let's just say it turned out wonderfully delicious! It got rave reviews from everyone, so give this a try with your local fruit...

Simple Fruit Cobbler
1 stick margarine (I used Kate's Home Made Butter)
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 qt. sweetened fruit (fresh or canned) (approx. 4 cups)
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
Nutmeg

1. Melt margarine (or butter) in a 9x12" baking pan (I actually used a 8x11.5" pan, worked fine)
2. Blend baking powder and salt into flour, then mix in sugar.
3. Add vanilla to the milk and then stir into the flour mixture, making a batter.
4. Pour this batter over the melted margarine in the baking pan.
5. Spoon the fruit evenly over the batter.
6. Sprinkle with nutmeg and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes.

Overall this is a very simple and versatile recipe to put together. I love how I can use any fruit I have on hand. It's great to pop in the oven when you sit down for dinner. That way you have warm cobbler ready for dessert time. Feel free to top with vanilla ice cream too! Enjoy.

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP