Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Vintage Thingies Thursday

I happened upon a great blog this week. It's called Confessions of an Apron Queen and every Thursday she hosts a "Vintage Thingies" day. Well, I so happen to be falling in love with all things vintage so I thought I'd share one of my new vintage kitchen tools.

Photobucket Photobucket
Behold, my Gemco food chopper! Now I must admit, upon further research, I'm not 100% sure this exact chopper is vintage, but I know there are vintage Gemco choppers out there and it does have a vintage feel to it, considering it uses manual labor and not a plug and outlet!

Anyway, I picked it up at a yard sale for $2 and I've used it once to mince garlic. It worked great. I'm excited to mince more garlic and try it with onions too. It's easier than hauling out and cleaning the food processor. Definitely a nice convenient kitchen tool to have around!

So happy Vintage Thingies Thursday and be sure to head over to Confessions of an Apron Queen to view the other vintage posts. Oh, and be sure to enter her weekly apron giveaway. Oh how I want the "Good Golly Miss Molly" apron!

4 comments:

Diane September 12, 2008 at 2:17 AM  

It's vintage enough for me... my mom had a mint green one just like it! Worked great too. Welcome to VTT.

Unknown September 12, 2008 at 8:40 AM  

I love vintage things too! Thanks for the tip!

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

I remember those hahaha!! It's sooo retro...and useful I love it!! xx

Anonymous,  September 12, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Sounds like you may have a trip to "Antique Alley" in your future.

Love Hubby

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP