Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Eggs, eggs and more!

I found my new favorite spot to get eggs! Now, I'm a die hard bargain finder and I think I really scored big. Elf's Garden Center off Walnut St. in Rochester, NH has eggs for only $1.95/dozen! I'm sold! It's also a great place for picking up veggies, gifts, jam and jellies, and all your gardening needs.

For fall they have 8" mums, 5 for $20. Gorgeous mums too, I plan on picking up my 5 pots this month. It's a great place to bring the kids as well. Their chickens are out for viewing, walking through the greenhouses is just gorgeous, they have a lovely fish pond and alpacas to view!

So take a visit over to Elf's Garden Center and snag some eggs and mums! What a great combination, right?

Oh and I also stopped by the Dover Farmer's Market today. I picked up some garlic and red potatoes from Wake Robin Farm and some green beans that I will be blanching and freezing (can't remember this farm's name!) And the kids and I also picked up our fresh raw milk from Brookford Farm. The little boy that lives at the farm was so nice to give me and the kids a tour of the cows. Oh did Lucy and Evan love that!

And I'm sorry for the lack of posts this week! It's just been crazy lately with the kids. I promise to be back soon and be on the lookout for a new zucchini bread recipe, a black bean soup recipe and a few other goodies. I hope everyone is having a great week!

1 comments:

Geek+Nerd September 27, 2008 at 10:04 AM  

My mom (also a blogger http://www.said-the-hobbit.blogspot.com) lives in Gonic, so I'll have to tell her about that egg source, it sounds fabulous!

I subscribed to your RSS feed, and I've just been skimming back over your older posts and you are a such a kindred spirit! I appreciate all of the local sources that you're mentioning in your posts because some I'm very familiar with, and a few I am not.

Happy Saturday!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP