Are you confused about what to feed your children? Do you need new ideas for healthy snacks for your kids? Not sure if organic is better and what all the labels mean? Join a group of like-minded moms who want to feed their families healthy foods for a cooking and wellness class which combines food preparation, nutrition and sustainability. We have a few spots left for our upcoming class in South Berwick, Maine.
Earth-friendly Cooking and Wellness Classes for Moms
Thursday, June 25, 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: 22 Academy Street, S. Berwick, Maine
Are You too Refined? Getting Back to Whole Grains, Beans and Nuts The standard American diet is filled with highly processed foods making up about 90 percent of our diet. Whole foods such as beans, grains and nuts will keep your family healthy and provide you family with the nutrients they need. This class combines both cooking and wellness tips to help you better understand:
- How sugar and highly processed food affects your children’s immune system along with some recipes for healthy snacks.
- How to prepare whole nutrient-dense grains and beans to make them easier to digest with tasty summer recipes.
- Why organic products make a difference to you, your family, and our environment.
- How to stock your pantry and freezer to save bountiful summer fruits for the winter.
- How to read labels to make sure you know what you’re getting.
Come learn some new recipes for healthy snacks, grain and bean salads, crispy nuts and more!!
Tracey Miller is a certified health & wellness counselor from Institute for Integrative Nutrition. She helps individuals and families eat healthier through personal coaching, nutrition education and cooking classes.
Kate Donald is an organic vegetable farmer, and advocate for local, sustainable agriculture. She works with Seacoast Eat Local to help consumers connect with local farmers and locally produced foods.
Fee: $40 per class
email@example.com, 603-380-1080 or
For healthy recipes utilizing local ingredients, check out the recipes I've posted at Living the Local Life
Also, looking for things to do this coming weekend? Check out these events!