- Local tomatoes from the farmers' market
- Green pepper from Viel's Farmstand in Rollinsford, NH
- Onion from my garden
- Bison Italian sausage from Sea View Farm bought at the Rye Farmers' Market
- Fresh Cheddar Curd from Silvery Moon Creamery bought at the Rye Farmers' Market
For the crust, I made it from scratch in the bread machine. I found a knock-off Pizza Hut style crust recipe from Recipezaar. Now, I don't dine at Pizza Hut frequently enough to know how this compares to their crust, but irregardless, it makes a very fine pizza crust! For another crust option, try Beer Pizza Dough in the bread machine.
Pizza Hut Style Pizza Crust
in the bread machine
2 teaspoons sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
2 tablespoons cornmeal
- Add ingredients (except for cornmeal) to machine bread pan in order as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Set to "Dough" cycle.
- Lightly grease one 9 x 13-inch pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- When the dough cycle is complete, roll out dough and place in pan.
- Let rest in pans for 10-15 minutes.
- Add toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 350°F until done (approximately 20 minutes, depending on the thickness of toppings).