Pick me a blueberry! If you don't have kids or you're not familiar, that's a quote from the wonderful book Jamberry by Bruce Degen.
It's berry season! Well it's been berry season, but strawberries are almost over for the season. But raspberries are in season now and blueberry picking is gaining momentum. Blackberry season will be here before we know it!
So here's where you can pick some tasty berries (here are my favorites):
- Berrybogg Farm in Strafford, NH (PYO blueberries and blackberries)
- Warren Farm in Barrington, NH (PYO raspberries)
- Butternut Farm in Farmington, NH (PYO raspberries and blueberries)
- Sunnycrest Farm in Londonderry, NH (PYO blueberries, raspberries and cherries)
- Emery Farm in Durham, NH (PYO blueberries)
- Inkwell Farm in Epping, NH (PYO blueberries)
- McKenzie's Farm in Milton, NH (PYO raspberries)
- Ridge Runner's Farm in New Durham, NH (PYO raspberries and blueberries)
- Spiller Farm in Wells, ME (PYO raspberries and blueberries)
Berries are so easy to freeze and can be canned simply as well (I'm still eating last years frozen blackberries and blueberries)! I have found great guides from the Pick Your Own site:
How to Freeze Berries
How to Can Homemade Jam
Berries are also great to bake with...here are some of the recipes I've made in with blueberries in the past year:
Blueberry Yogurt Muffins
New England Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Crumb Bars
Verry Blueberry Muffins
Can you tell I like blueberries and muffins? Hopefully I will branch out and share some other berry recipes with different berries!
What are you favorite berries and berry recipes? Happy Berry Picking!