Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Company, Good Food and a Question...

Sunday night we invited a couple from our church over for dinner. I happily pulled out my last Kellie Brook Farm chicken and scoured the farmer's market for the perfect vegetables.

I don't get to entertain much due to my two busy toddlers so when I do, it's a real treat! I set out the table on our deck and made a big pitcher of fruit punch (Crystal Light) and garnished it with orange and lemon slices.

For the main course I mixed up some butter and a few garlic cloves and gave the chicken a nice massage. I put some carrots and onions around the bird and stuffed the cavity with lemon wedges. I successfully cooked that bird and it came out of the oven smelling delicious! (Do I have to tell you that I cheated and used an oven bag to ensure moistness?)

I found some green beans and fresh picked corn at the Barrington Farmer's market on Saturday and our guests brought a nice loaf of bread from Calef's.

Our dessert was Bryer's vanilla ice cream and my tasty blueberry crumb bars. Overall it was a very simple, local (for the most part) healthy summertime meal.

Ok now onto my question, for you! I'd like to know what you're enjoying about this blog and what you'd like to see in the future. Are there questions you have about eating locally? Recipes ingredients you'd like to see used? How about gardening questions? I'd absolutely love your feedback! Please leave a comment if you feel like it. And, thanks!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  August 19, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

I love hearing about what you buy and where, and also the price of things is really helpful. The food photos are also on the top of my list, and recipes, too! And how it all goes over with the biggest critics, your kids!

Virginia August 19, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Thank you Sara, your comments are appreciated! My biggest critic is my dear husband! The toddlers are just as picky as ever!

MJ August 21, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

I love hearing about where you find things and how you put together a well-rounded meal! The recipes are a treat and I LOVE the pictures.
I'd love to hear how you are preparing for the winter (if that's the case).

Virginia August 21, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

Oh good idea mj! I'm still trying to figure out the "winter preparedness" myself, but I do have a few ideas up my sleeve. There will be a preparing for winter post soon.

I'm glad your enjoying the pictures. Most all are taken by me and I'm slowly growing my craft. I'd love to get better and better.

Thanks so much for commenting!

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP