Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A little bit of this and that...

Just a little blabbing about what I'm doing and a small recap.

I stopped by Brookford Farm tonight to pick up my raw milk. The raw milk is $4/half gallon with an initial $2.50 bottle deposit. They also have quark (farmer's cheese), yogurt, cream, low fat milk, eggs, lamb, beef, and vegetables. Click here to read up on the benefits of raw milk.

I didn't get to stop by the Dover Farmer's Market today, but my father-in-law brought me some fresh peaches, blackberries and green beans. As well as some ground moose! I'll be at the Barrington Farmer's Market this Saturday for sure.

Speaking of peaches, be sure to head over to Butternut Farm this week and pick some fresh peaches, nectarines, plums, apples, blueberries, and tomatoes! They will have a nice ripe crop for the weekend. I'll be back later to post about freezing peach slices.

I'm also baking my first loaf of Light Oat Bread as I type. The waiting is killing me, I want to see it finished, but I have to wait for the kneading and rising to happen first. I'll update you on how it turns out soon!

Check back this week for a post on my favorite recycling containers.


And lastly, don't forget to purchase one Annie's Homegrown item and then go sign up for your free year subscription to Kiwi magazine. My kids love the Cheddar Bunnies so give those a try!

Have a good Thursday everyone!


**Update**
The Light Oat Bread is delicious! It does have a bumpy top so I'll have to troubleshoot that, but the taste is yummy. I will definitely be making this one again!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP