Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I brake for yard sales...

Just wanted to share my yard sale find. Probably the best find all summer!

I picked up this beautiful solid wood cabinet in a dark red color for a whopping....$15! The dark red matches perfectly with the color of my kitchen walls. It stands up against the yellow wall that connects my dining area and flows wonderfully. I did put just under $30 worth of new glass in the doors, but still, less than $50 is a steal!

It now proudly holds my collection of Pyrex, Corelle and other vintage finds. I love having a safe place to display my treasures, especially with two munchkins running underfoot!

This may be the last yard sale I get to this summer. Bummer! I don't like it when yard sale season ends. Till next year!

What have you found at yard sales this summer?

Oh and the weather reports don't look promising for the Eliot Festival this Saturday.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  September 24, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

I would love to find a cabinet like that! We are almost done with our rec room in the basement-it has a full kitchen, dining room and 'sitting area'. I am moving all of my glasses and serving ware down there and need a new cabinet to put it in. I have an old crappy one in the garage, maybe I can revamp it somehow! You have inspired me to give it some thought.

mub September 25, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

What a great find! I love that color.

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP