Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekend Review

What a whirlwind weekend! Life has been so utterly crazy lately!

Saturday my mom and I took the kids to the Fall Foliage Fest hosted by the Good Shepherd School in Barrington, NH. The kids had a grand ole time bouncing in the bouncy houses and we enjoyed a few hot dogs and cookies! We didn't stick around for the auction, but it looks like a bunch of great things were available.

After the festival, we took the kids to the Coppal House Farm & Corn Maze in Lee, NH. I will be blogging about this activity this week. So stand by for that post!

I totally missed the Butternut Farm Fall Festival today! Church service was smack dab in the middle of the festival and we didn't get home in time! I hope somebody was able to go and join the fall festivities. I do need to get back to Butternut to pick some more apples!

October 25th and 26th will be the last Applecrest Farm weekend festivals. Lots of free things to do and a bunch of apples to pick. This would made a great "end of fall" activity!

The October Eat Local challenge is still going on for the remainder of October. I am ashamed to tell you how I've been doing. Let's just say that I'm doing the best I can! It's been tough with two young mouths to feed and a limited budget. I will be picking up my 2nd co-op order on Tuesday, though, so I am doing good eating local meats. Be on the lookout for a few new stew/soup recipes in the next week or so.

Also note that you still have time to enter Annie's Homegrown Kiwi magazine offer. And finally, for a bit of Monday fun, head over to Confessions of an Apron Queen and enter her weekly apron giveaway!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP