Welcome to Living the Local Life! If you're new to my blog, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Please feel free to leave a comment on any articles you view and thanks for stopping by!

Monday, October 27, 2008

Not-so-weekend review!

I'm delayed on my "weekend" review, but I'll still give you an overview on what's going on!

I am quickly approaching my 100th blog entry! I will be doing my first blog giveaway to celebrate this milestone. I highly encourage you to sign up for my free newsletter updates on the right-hand side or become a "follower" to stay up to date on all the local happenings, recipes and to be notified when the blog contest begins!

The Rock Op Local Co-Op is in full swing. I picked up my 2nd order from Lenore last week. I still need to assemble my Sweet Russian Cabbage Stew. Be on the lookout for that recipe coming to a blog near you (uh, my blog!). I have a mommy friend whom I will be picking up orders for from Lenore. So if you're not too close to Brentwood, but can swing a pick up in Rochester, just let me know and we'll work out the details.

We stopped by the Lasting Legacy Farm Fall Fun Day on Sunday and had, well, fun! Wendy (one of the owners) gave us a nice tour of the farm, what a lovely place! I was also able to purchase maple syrup from Sugermomma Maple Syrup. Maple Nut Granola here I come!

This is the last week of the October Eat Local Challenge. I definitely didn't do as well as I wish I had, but I made it through the month! That's what counts at this stage with two young kids! It's also the last week to submit your UPC code from an Annie's product to receive a year subscription to Kiwi magazine.

Lastly, be sure to head over to Confessions of an Apron Queen and hop on the apron
giveaway bandwagon! TONS of aprons being given away this week!
Confessions of an Apron Queen: Not Your Ordinary Mom Blog: Apron Giveaway # 1 of 11

Have a good week and keep commenting!

0 comments:

Total Pageviews

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP