Can you believe there's just a little over a week till March arrives?! Before you know it we'll be back out in our gardens! I wanted to recap some of the upcoming events as I've been posting quite a few events and some people are getting lost!
- Great Bay Wool Works will be bringing yarn and other goodies
- Heirloom beans from Patti Qua's organic farm in Exeter, Maine
- Cool Beans Jewelry will be selling unique jewelry pieces made of beans
- Red Rover Coffee will have fresh roasted coffee for sale
- Yankee Fisherman's Coop will be bringing fresh native shrimp, one of your last chances to get local shrimp this season!
- Oliver Merrill & Sons of Londonderry will be bringing 4 varieties of apples plus jams and jellies
- Come talk to Peter Allen of Newfield's Own Produce about his 2010 CSA
- Tuckaway Farm of Lee will be bringing pork sausage, chops, ribs and tenderloin
- Early birds may be able to snag some of Healthy Home Harvests' Shitake mushrooms or giant clusters of oyster mushrooms plus they'll have bags of their various "Solarganic" winter greens and herbs
- The new Portsmouth/Seacoast Weston A. Price Chapter will have a representative at the market
- Kids can make a craft in the kids corner or read a Barefoot Books story
Other events finishing off the month of February and kicking off March:
Feb. 27: Seacoast Eat Local Winter Farmers' Market in Rollinsford & CSA Fair
Feb. 27/28: Seacoast Green Living & Home Show
Feb. 28: Newburyport, MA CSA Fair
Feb. 28: Maine CSA Fair, 12 locations
March 4: Speaker: Maude Barlow, part of the "Tap In" Spring Water Series
March 5/6/7: NH Camping & RV Show
March 6: The New England Marketplace in Dover
March 6: NOFA-NH Winter Conference
March 22: Film: Tapped, part of the "Tap In" Spring Water Series
Lastly, the enrollment period for Wardeh's traditional foods eCourse ends Monday, February 22nd. Be sure to check out the sample video and all the details here.